PLC1 - Bypass Slab Slide Clip
The PLC1 bypass slab slide clip attaches the bypass curtain wall stud to the building structure, allowing for 1 ½" total vertical deflection while maintaining lateral rigidity. The insert is attached to the clip making installation quick, easy, and efficient. Clips are packaged in rugged buckets for convenient handling on the jobsite. Patent No. 5876006
- Long return leg for permanent toe and heel welding to the support structure
- Unique insert allows for 1 ½" total vertical deflection while maintaining lateral rigidity
- Large insert piece for easy handling, installation, and clear visual alignment for maximum vertical movement
- Pre-punched guide holes
|Part No.||Stud Thickness||
|F1 Allowable Loads (lbs)|
|Mil||Gauge||2 #10 Screws||3 #10 Screws|
Screw shear values are based on the SSMA Screw Table with the following notes:
- The allowable loads are based on the steel properties of the members being connected, per NASPEC with 2004 supplements.
- The nominal strength of the screw must be at least 3.75 times the allowable loads.
- Values include a 3.0 factor of safety.
- Penetration of screws through joined materials should not be less than three exposed threads. Screws should be installed and tightened in accordance with the screw manufacturer's recommendations.
- Allowable loads indicated on the table(s) are for force in single direction only. The designer shall use the combined forces check as required by NASPEC with 2004 supplements if more than one force is applied to the connection.
- The designer shall check the bending in the short leg of this clip.
Quantity / Order Information
All PLC1 clips include insert. Additional lengths available upon request.