PLS2 - Bypass Slab Slide Clip
The PLS2 slide strut attaches the by-pass curtain wall stud to the building structure, allowing for vertical deflection while maintaining lateral rigidity. The clip provides a non-frictional connection, and prevents vertical load transfers into the curtain wall. The insert is pre-installed to the clip making installation quick, easy, and efficient. Struts 12" in length or less are packaged in durable buckets for easy handling on the jobsite. Patent No. 7478508-B2
Features & Benefits
Insert allows for 1 ½” total vertical deflection
- Greater than 1 ½” are available
Loads based on #10 screws
- Screws are provided
- Large insert piece for easy installation
- Pre-punched guide holes
- Transfers horizontal loads into structure
- Maintains lateral rigidity
- Eliminates bridging within 12” of support connection
- Thicker steel for improved lateral resistance for in-plane seismic forces and strengthened weld capacity to the structure
|Model No.||Stud Thickness||F1 Allowable Loads (lbs)|
|Mils||Gauge||Fy (ksi)||2 #12 Screws||3 #12 Screws|
|Maximum Allowable Clip Load||2180||2180|
- Allowable loads have not been increased for wind, seismic or other factors.
- The allowable loads are based on the steel properties of the members being connected, per AISI S100.
- The nominal strength of the screw must be at least 3.75 times the allowable loads.
- Penetration of screws through joined materials should not be less than 3 exposed threads. Install and tighten screws in accordance with the screw manufacturer's recommendations.
- Screw shear capacities are based on allowable strength design (ASD) and include a safety factor of 3.0.
- Allowable loads indicated on the table(s) are for force in single direction only. If more than one force is applied to the connection, the designer shall provide the combined forces check as required by AISI S100.
- The designer shall check the bending in the short leg of clip.
Quantity / Order Information
|Model No.||Left / Right Handed||Width||Qty / Bucket||Lbs / Bucket|
|PLS3-900||(L) or (R)||9"||35||49|
|PLS3-1200||(L) or (R)||12"||30||55|
|PLS3-1500||(L) or (R)||15"||-||-|
|PLS3-1800||(L) or (R)||18"||-||-|
|PLS3-2000||(L) or (R)||20"||-||-|
All PLS3 clips include insert. Additional lengths available upon request. Strengthening lip added for clips over 20" lengths.